Havertown is home to one of five Surrey locations. It is open 9 – 4, Monday – Friday. Surrey – Havertown is a vibrant senior community center located in a residential section of Havertown, in Haverford Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. This Center, has been providing innovative and effective programs, services and opportunities for adults 55+ since 1984. Participants come from several townships within Delaware County, as well as from Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.
The Havertown Center offers a wide variety of both activities and volunteer opportunities, all designed to encourage healthy living and lifelong learning. Lunch is available daily from 11:45 – 12: 30 for a recommended donation of $2.
Today, Kevin Toll gave an educational lecture on Downsizing and preparing your home for sale. If you were unable to attend the lecture, here are a few of the great tips he shared:
Tips to help you downsize & prepare your home for sale:
1) Get Started- as simple as that. Don’t wait for tomorrow, start today and start in the room/area of your house you use the least.
2) Eliminate the clutter- not just inside but also outside
3) Repair- cabinet doors that don’t shut properly, dripping faucets and any bigger issues such as the hot water heater or A/C unit.
4) Refresh- the outside and inside- trim the shrubs, clean the windows, add a new welcome mat
5) Maintain- after your home is ready to be sold, now the most important thing is to keep it that way!
To get the best sale price for your home, I suggest that is is clutter free, has good curb appeal and leaves prospective buyers with a good first impression. Start early, have a plan and ask help if needed.