When working with buyers who are serious about their home search, they follow these steps and do not balk at taking time to plan and organize;
1) Meet with their agent to go over the process of home buying,
2) Get pre-qualified so they know what price range to look at and what they can afford
3) Discuss their needs -location, home size, the essential items their home must have
4) Approach the home buying process with a plan
So, have you ever thought about what type of buyer are you?
Do you expect the seller to meet unrealistic demands…
- Let me see the home with a few minutes notice even though I am not ready to buy yet.
- Drop the price 20% below market value.
- Fix every little thing in the home even though it is priced accordingly.
- Bend to my every whim!
Then, there are the other “buyers”…
- The “buyers” who only work with listing agents because they are sure they will get a better deal.
- The “buyers” who already know everything there is to know about real estate because they have been talking to their cousin’s neighbor’s great Uncle who used to be in real estate 20 years ago.
- The “buyers” who have no plan, but really like looking at houses.
What type of buyer are you? Are you a realistic buyer or are your demands unrealistic?